Ugarov Vladimir Vasil'evich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, sub-department of information technologies, Ulyanovsk State University (42 Lva Tolstogo street, Ulyanovsk, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Tsyganova Yuliya Vladimirovna, Candidate of physical and mathematical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of information technologies, Ulyanovsk State University (42 Lva Tolstogo street, Ulyanovsk, Russia), email@example.com
Afanasova Anastasiya Igorevna, Postgraduate student, Ulyanovsk State University (42 Lva Tolstogo street, Ulyanovsk, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Implementation of new methods in the field of engineering education is aimed mainly at improving the quality of education. The major problem is to assess the effectiveness of the implemented methods defined in the pedagogical experiment based on the expert opinion. The aim of the present work is to describe the method of estimating the quality of academic software (computer programs developed by students in the learning process), as well as to identify the impact of changes in the training technique on the quality of academic software.
Materials and methods. The authors used the methods of statistical and variance analysis and software engineering.
Results. The work suggests a method of evaluation of the effectiveness of training, based on the definition of the quality of the final product of student learning activities, estimation thereof is performed by a computer program without the expert group participation.
Conclusions. As a result, the experimental research has shown that the sample set of quality parameters obey the normal distribution law. Based on the ANOVA results it is demonstrated that the effect of external factors on the learning process is significant, leading to a change of quality parameters of academic software, in particular, the perfection parameter Hq. Using the methods of the analysis of variance the authors showed the effectiveness of the quality management process of academic software through the project-oriented learning.
1. Semoushin I. V., Tsyganova J. V., Ugarov V. V. ICCS 2003, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (St. Petersburg, Russia, June 2–4, 2003). Saint-Petersburg, 2003, vol. 2658, pp. 1098–1106.
2. Dzhons Dzh. K. Metody proektirovaniya: per. s angl. [Design methods: translation from English]. Moscow:Mir,1986.
3. Polat E. S. Kak rozhdaetsya proekt [How to create a project]. Moscow, 1995.
4. Teaching Computer Programming to First-Year Engineering Students with MATLAB and an eBook. Available at: http://www.mathworks.com/company/newsletters/articles/teaching-computer-programming-to-first-year-engineering-students-with-matlab-and-an-ebook.html?reload=true&s_v1=61114113_1-BW600W
5. Kholsted M. Kh. Nachala nauki o programmakh: per. s angl. [Fundamentals of program science: translation from English]. Moscow: Finansy i statistika, 1981, 128 p.
6. Ugarov V. V. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie fizicheskikh, ekonomicheskikh, tekhnicheskikh, sotsial'nykh sistem i protsessov: VI Mezhdunar. konf. (19 oktyabrya 2005 g.,
g. Ul'yanovsk) [Mathematical modelling of physical, economic, engineering, social systems and processes: VI International conference (19 October 2005, Ulyanovsk)]. Ulyanovsk: UlGU, 2005, pp. 126–128.
7. Semushin I. V., Ugarov V. V. Moskovskoe nauchnoe obozrenie, INGN [Moscow scientific review, INGN]. 2013,no. 9 (37), pp. 3–8.
8. Semushin I. V., Ugarov V. V., Tsyganova Yu. V., Afanasova A. I., Kulichenko I. N. Perspektivnye informatsionnye tekhnologii (PIT 2014): tr. Mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. konf. [Prospective information technology (PIT 2014): proceedings of the International scientific and engineering conference]. Samara: Izd-vo Samar. nauch. tsentra RAN, 2014, pp. 436–438.
9. Afanasova A. I. Perspektivnye informatsionnye tekhnologii (PIT 2014): tr. Mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. konf. [Prospective information technology (PIT 2014): proceedings of the International scientific and engineering conference]. Samara: Izd-vo Samar. nauch. tsentra RAN, 2014, pp. 396–397.